Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pride and Prejudice quote... :)

I recently finished reading Pride and Prejudice this week and in the end there is a single sentence concerning Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy that caught me so off guard I had to read it over about five times, read it aloud to my husband, write it down, than type it here! :) It probably won't make much sense to any one but us two, but it hit such a personal string I had to post it. :) Just to think that a novel character from the early 19th century could have thoguhts and feelings so much like my own... :) Enjoy.

Elizabeth did all she could to shield him from the frequent notice of them, and was ever anxious to keep him to herself, and to those of her family with whom he might converse without mortification; and though the uncomfortable feelings arising from all this took from the season of courtship much of its pleasure, it added to the hope of the future; and she looked forward with delight to the time when they should be removed from the society so little pleasing to either, and tall the comfort and elegance of their family party at Pemberley. - Jane Austin "Pride & Prejudice". 

~Libby~

No comments:

Post a Comment